The Deadbug is a staple in the core-strengthening regimen. It is made up of three phases that get progressively more difficult. Begin with Phase 1 and progress to Phase 3 as you feel more comfortable.
- Begin by lying on your back with arms and legs extended upward, but knees bent to 90 degrees
- Extend one arm away from your body until it is a few inches off the ground
- Bring it back to neutral
- Repeat with the opposite arm
- While doing this, focus on breathing through the stomach.
- Begin in the starting position for Phase 1
- The arms remain neutral
- Extend one leg outward until your heel is just a few inches off the ground
- Slowly bring back to neutral
- Repeat with the other leg
- Begin in the starting position for Phases 1 and 2
- Phase 3 is a combination of Phases 1 and 2 simultaneously
- Extend one arm and the opposite leg until each is a few inches off the ground
- Return to a neutral position
- Proceed with the opposite limbs