Take a deep breath and relax. Leading research journals have shown that you have made a smart decision by choosing chiropractic care. Many leading health organizations are now recommending chiropractic care as a top choice to find relief from disc herniations.
Why it matters:
- New research has shown that over 90% of people with a lumbar disc herniation that were treated with spinal adjustments approved within 3 months.
- Another study found when dealing with disc herniations of the neck, 86% of people found relief with chiropractic adjustments.
- By comparison, less than 50% who received a spinal injection experienced relief.
We continue to learn that, for a majority of the time, medications, injections and surgery are higher risk and not as effective when dealing with disc injuries. We should only resort to these more invasive measures if conservative care.
Top healthcare organizations recommend taking a conservative approach to care, such as chiropractic. Medication, injections and surgery are recommended as a last resort.
Discovering the most up-to-date research is part of our practice. We focus on combining this research with our clinical experience to provide you with the best care possible. Our combination of chiropractic, therapies and take home exercises achieve excellent results with these conditions.
- Outcomes of acute and chronic patients with magnetic resonance imaging-confirmed symptomatic lumbar disc herniations receiving high-velocity-low-amplitude, spinal manipulative therapy: a prospective observational cohort study with one year follow-up.
- Symptomatic, magnetic resonance imaging – confirmed cervical disc herniation patients: a comparative-effectiveness prospective observational study of 2 age and sex-matched cohorts treated with either imaging-guided indirect cervical nerve root injections or spinal manipulative therapy.