Why it matters:
- New research has shown that over 90% of people with a lumbar disc herniation were treated with spinal adjustments approved within 3 months.
- Another study found that 86% of people found relief with chiropractic adjustments when dealing with neck disc herniations.
- By comparison, less than 50% of those who received a spinal injection experienced relief.
We continue to learn that, most of the time, medications, injections, and surgery are higher risk and not as effective when dealing with disc injuries. We should only resort to these more invasive measures if conservative care.
Top healthcare organizations recommend taking a conservative approach to care, such as chiropractic. Medication, injections, and surgery are recommended as a last resort.
Discovering the most up-to-date research is part of our practice. We combine this research with our clinical experience to provide the best care possible. Our combination of chiropractic, therapies, and take-home exercises achieve excellent results with these conditions.
Feel free to contact our office to learn more or share this information with someone who could benefit. (734-427-6333). Whether seeking relief from chronic pain or simply aiming for optimal health, your Livonia chiropractor guides you every step of the way.
- Outcomes of acute and chronic patients with magnetic resonance imaging-confirmed symptomatic lumbar disc herniations receiving high-velocity-low-amplitude, spinal manipulative therapy: a prospective observational cohort study with one year follow-up.
- Symptomatic, magnetic resonance imaging – confirmed cervical disc herniation patients: a comparative-effectiveness prospective observational study of 2 age and sex-matched cohorts treated with either imaging-guided indirect cervical nerve root injections or spinal manipulative therapy.