Low back pain can be debilitating and impact us in all aspects of life. Many types of low back pain respond very well to extension based movements.
NOTE: If while performing a set of this exercise and the back pain worsens, OR the symptoms traveling down your leg (if you have those symptoms) worsen, IMMEDIATELY stop the exercise. Let the doctor know on your next appointment.
- Begin in a face-down position on your stomach
- Put your hand on the ground near your chest, like a push-up
- Extend your arms, pressing the upper half of your body upwards while keeping your pelvis flat on the ground
- Hold in the up position for 1-2 seconds
- Slowly return to neutral
- Perform 10-15 reps at a time, throughout the day