August is upon us, and we have been dealing with record heat this summer. It is very important to STAY HYDRATED!
Here are just a few signs that our body could be giving us when we’re dehydrated:
- Low energy levels
- Muscle cramps
- Infrequent urination
- Darker than normal urination
A good rule of thumb for water consumption is to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces, siding with over-consumption during the hot summer months.
(i/e a 180-pound person should consume about 90 ounces of water daily.)
While this may sound like a lot of H2O, we have you covered with a few tips to give you a bump in your water consumption:
- Drink a glass of water before you brush your teeth
- Use a water-tracking phone app (we like the free app My Water Balance)
- Buy a reusable water bottle with an infuser to make more flavorful water
- Enjoy a glass before each meal (which may also aid against over-eating)
Please get in touch with the office if you have any additional health questions or want a one-on-one consult about optimizing your health. We wish you all a happy, healthy, and hydrated summer! Move Well, LIVE WELL!
Whether seeking relief from chronic pain or simply aiming for optimal health, your Livonia chiropractor guides you every step of the way. Contact our office to schedule an appointment by Clicking Here or giving us a call today: 734-427-6333