August is upon us and we have been dealing with record heat this summer. It is very important to STAY HYDRATED!
Here are just a few signs that our body could be giving us when we’re dehydrated:
- Low energy levels
- Muscle cramps
- Infrequent urination
- Darker than normal urination
A good rule of thumb for water consumption is to drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces, siding with over-consumption during the hot summer months.
(i/e a 180 pound person should consume about 90 ounces of water per day)
While this may sound like a lot of H2O, we have you covered with a few tips to give you a bump in your water consumption:
- Drink a glass of water before you brush your teeth
- Use a water-tracking phone app (we like the free app My Water Balance)
- Buy a reusable water bottle with an infuser to make more flavorful water
- Enjoy a glass before each meal (which may also aid against over-eating)
Please contact the office if you have any additional health questions or would like a one-on-one consult about optimizing your health. We wish you all a happy, healthy and hydrated summer! Move Well, LIVE WELL!